- American Advisors Group (AAG) was founded in 2004 by CEO Reza Jahangiri in Orange County, California to help older Americans secure a better retirement through the responsible use of their home equity.
- Today, AAG is the No. 1 reverse mortgage lender in the United States.
- AAG has about 1,200 employees and is licensed to do business in 49 states
- Main offices are in California, Texas, Georgia and New York.
- AAG is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-approved lender.
- AAG is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA).
- AAG is a Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics finalist.
- AAG’s brand platform is built upon its highly-recognized national advertising campaign featuring acclaimed actor Tom Selleck
Since 2004, when the company was founded, AAG has been helping older Americans leverage their home equity as a responsible and sustainable solution for achieving financial security and a better retirement.
Fueling this mission is the fact that about 10,000 baby boomers are turning 65 every day, many of whom are worried that the traditional retirement model of Social Security, savings/investments and a retirement plan, such as a pension or 401(k) plan, will no longer be enough to retire securely and comfortably.
“So, we set out to find solutions that would greatly improve their lives by removing financial hardship,” said Reza Jahangiri, AAG’s founder and chief executive officer.
And that work continues today with even more passion and purpose. Not only has AAG’s highly-trained and compassionate workforce made AAG the nation’s No. 1 reverse mortgage lender, it is providing older Americans with an expanded range of home equity solutions personalized to their unique retirement needs and goals.
In addition to HECM reverse mortgage loans and Advantage jumbo reverse mortgage loans, these solutions include traditional mortgages and refinances, VA loans and helping older adults right-size and relocate with ease and dignity through the company’s licensed real estate brokerage, AAG Residential Services, Inc. (AAGRS).
From the start, AAG has been a Caring, Driven and Ethical company:
–Caring for the people we serve by helping them retire comfortably, securely and with dignity
–Driven to educate older homeowners about the range of home equity solutions available to help them achieve a better retirement –Ethical and principled leadership that always places the interests and needs of our customers first